CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com) is experiencing record growth and is looking for high-energy professionals who can enhance our organization and contribute to the evolution of our suite of world-class enterprise management products. If you possess the skills and the desire to be part of a team dedicated to industry leadership, we'd like to hear from you.
The Application Oracle Database Administrator will provide both operational and logical/application DBA support to both non-production and production Oracle database environments.
- Configure and manage database maintenance, including backups, re-orgs., and any additional required maintenance stemming from proprietary application usage.
- Participate in an on-call rotation as part of a Technical support team.
- Represent database administration team in operational as well as project activities.
- Viewed as the subject matter expert for the team on the proprietary application.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years as an Oracle DBA in a Linux/Unix environment
- Expert in Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- DBA level knowledge of Unix fundamentals and shell scripting
- Expert in Resource Monitoring (CPU, memory, I/O, RAC/ASM, etc) and using OEM.
- Must have an understanding of AWR Reports
- Performance Tuning; Diagnostic evaluation (ADDM, AWR, ASH)
- Tuning (advisors, SQL tuning, indexing, partitions, etc.)
- Oracle 11g Certification a big plus
- Exadata experience is a plus
CrunchTime employees enjoy a competitive salary, depending on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance.
- Vision plan.
- Disability insurance.
- Life and AD&D.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care.
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance for approved courses.
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement.
- Catered lunch every Friday.
- Bagels every Tuesday.
- Frosty Fridays.
- Generous Employee referral bonus.
- Community volunteer program.